In the event of a building or community emergency, Stonebridge World School has devised an Emergency Management Plan that is available to staff to respond to a range of emergency situations.
If, for some reason such as terrorist attack, hostage situation, severe weather or other safety emergency, our Emergency Management Team will decide if we can safely remain on site or if we need to evacuate our building. If it is determined that we will remain on site, we will follow these steps:
1. Inform Community Emergency Response Services (911) of our situation.
2. Lock down building and classrooms.
3. Staff will remain with students until either our building is deemed safe and the “All Clear” signal has been given by Emergency Response Personnel, or it is determined that we must evacuate the school.
If, due to emergency, our building needs to be evacuated, Stonebridge World School will follow these steps:
1. Inform Community Emergency Response Services (911) of our evacuation plans and alternate location.
2. Evacuation plans for our staff and students will be listed with the 5th Precinct:
Please call :
Minneapolis Police 5th Precinct
3101 Nicollet Ave South
MPLS, MN 55408
3. We will remain at the evacuation location until either our building has been deemed safe to return to, until all children have been picked up, or until the alternate site is considered unsafe.
4. Parents will be able to pick up their children at this location, or we will inform the 5th Precinct of our alternate location.