The practices critical to the success of Responsive Classroom are integrated into the entire school. The six components to this classroom practice include:
1) Morning meetings offering a daily opportunity to practice greetings, conversation, and activities
2) Rules (essential agreements) and logical consequences for classroom life
3) Guided discovery of learning materials
4) Classroom organization that creates active interest areas for students
5) Academic choice for all students every day
6) On-going assessment and reporting to parents. All teachers and staff receive training in the techniques necessary for successful integration of Responsive Classroom into the school.