Information about enrollment
Who can enroll at the school?
Any child who is entering Prekindergarten through 6th Grade can apply at Stonebridge World School.
Is there a deadline for application?
There is no deadline to apply at Stonebridge World School. You can apply at any time and Stonebridge can help your child make an easy transition. You can choose to complete the application form now (click here) or call 612-877-7400 if you have questions or want help with the application process.
Do I need to get my child’s records from their old school?
It is very important that Stonebridge World School has your child’s previous school records in order to best serve him/her. Please fill out and sign the Permission to Release Records form included in the enrollment form. We will contact your child’s previous school to get records.
How will I know if my student is accepted?
We will send you a notice when your child has been accepted. We will also send you updates as the program, facility and staff prepare for the start of the school in the Fall.
What is a charter school?
In Minnesota charter schools are tuition free independent public schools that are open to and welcome all students no matter their ability or need, and are governed and operated jointly by licensed teachers, parents and community members.
What is Responsive Classroom?
Responsive Classroom is a practical approach to creating a safe, challenging and joyful school. Responsive classroom integrates academic and social learning to give students the skills and structure they need to succeed.
For more information
What is the Global Curriculum?
The Global Curriculum helps develop the intellectual, personal, emotional, and social skills needed to live, learn, and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
Is this school free?
Yes. Stonebridge World School is a Public Charter School and does not charge tuition.
Will my child be bussed?
Yes, we bus students all over Minneapolis, Richfield and parts of Bloomington. Your child’s bus stop and bus times are determined in August. Students will be picked up no further than 1 block from their house.
Is lunch available?
Fresh lunch is available everyday. We do request that you fill out a free and reduced meal reimbursement to determine if you are eligible for the Federal and State Food and Nutrition Program.
How long is the school day?
Stonebridge offers an extended school day for all students which means our school day is 7 hours, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
What is the school calendar?
Visit the school calendar page
Do students wear uniforms?
Yes. Students wear uniforms.
What do I need to have my child ready for Prekindergarten and Kindergarten?
We need the following to enroll your child in school:
- For Students entering Prekindergarten: Students must be 4 years old by September 1st in the year of enrollment
- For Students entering Kindergarten: Students must be 5 years old by September 1st in the year of enrollment
- Completed Early Childhood Screening: to set up a screening as soon as possible- In Minneapolis, Call 612.668.3715 or schedule an appointment online. For residents outside of Minneapolis, (Click Here) to search for a Early Childhood Screening location near you.
- Physical exam – call your doctor to set up an exam
- Immunization records – contact your child’s doctor or clinic
- Birth Certificate
- A dental exam is also recommended, but not required.
What other services does the school offer?
Stonebridge offers families a range of resources and referral information.
- Free onsite vision and hearing screenings
- Monthly Family activities
- Counseling and referral services upon request
- Special Education Services (as determined by need)
All of these services can be discussed and arranged with our Student Support Coordinator or Special Education Coordinator by calling 612-877-7400
How can I find out more?
Call Stonebridge at 612-877-7400 for more information or to schedule a tour of the school. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.